There are two notable bridges which cross the river within the park. The elegant ‘Halfpenny’ Bridge was built as a pedestrian bridge between 1811 and 1820 and is the oldest single span, cast iron bridge in Glasgow.
The other bridge is the Netherlee Road Bridge which was built in the 18th Century. This bridge was at one time the only bridge crossing the River Cart and Netherlee Road was the main traffic route from Glasgow to Ayrshire.
Continue on the trail >